The Old Green Church

This is a picture of what the old timers call the “Old Green Church.” This church was constructed in 1904 in the woods near the Village of Guthrie railroad crossing in unincorporated St. Tammany Parish. In 1921 funds were raised and the church was rolled on logs to its current location of prominence in the bend of Highway 1090 and Nelson Road. The church is now a very beautiful private residence.

Comments are closed.